Twelve Pinoys in the Philippines were recognized for their world-class research in nine fields.
MANILA, July 26, 2016 – A total of 12 researchers based in the Philippines were recognized for producing world-class research in nine broad fields with The Philippines Promising Star Awards 2016, organized by the Intellectual Property & Science (IP & Science) business of Thomson Reuters.
The awards were presented in conjunction with the CHED Research and Publication (REPUBLICA) 2016 Awarding Ceremony. CHED refers to the Commission of Higher Education Department of the Philippines.
The Philippines Promising Star Awards 2016 recognizes researchers of Filipino nationality based in the Philippines who have produced world-class research papers in their respective fields as indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection.
Said Mr. John Langton, Sales Director of ASEAN and Hong Kong, Intellectual Property & Science business of Thomson Reuters, “As a strong advocate of global research collaboration and partner of ASEAN’s research community, we are honored to work with CHED to recognize the most promising researchers in the Philippines and support their efforts to promote research excellence in the country.”
The 12 Philippine Promising Star Award recipients are recognized in nine broad fields spanning social science, computer science, clinical medicine, plant & animal science, neuroscience & behavior, economics & business, molecular biology & genetics, materials science and environment/ecology.
- Professor Clarissa C. David, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- Associate Professor Armand Salvador Mijares, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- Associate Professor Aristotle T Ubando, De La Salle University, Manila
- Associate Professor Joseph M. Pasia, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- Dr Emmanuel P. Estrella (M.D.), University of the Philippines, Manila
- Maria Czarina Acelajado (M.D), University of the Philippines, Manila
Plant & Animal Science
- Professor Windell L Rivera, University of the Philippines, Diliman
Neuroscience & Behavior
- Professor Raymond L Rosales, University of Santo Tomas
Economics & Business
- Assistant Professor Krista Danielle Yu, De La Salle University, Manila
Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Dr Maria Corazon A. De Ungria, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- Professor Menandro N. Acda, University of the Philippines Los Baños
- Associate Professor Augustus C. Resurreccio, University of the Philippines, Diliman
Source: Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property & Science